Yoga is a complete science of life. It originated in India about 5,000–6,000 years ago. Yoga is a journey of self-exploration, which encompasses the body, mind and spirit. Anyone with the desire for a healthier like can practice yoga.
Yoga exercises the entire body. It stretches, tones, and opens up the muscles, joints, spine and skeletal system. It also works on the internal organs, glands and nervous system. Yogic breathing helps to control the mind, leaving you feeling relaxed, refreshed and calm.
When you practice yoga on a regular basis it is like servicing your car. You are providing yourself with general maintenance to ensure a proper running body as you do your vehicle to ensure it runs properly.
Anahata Yoga teaches the following 5 basic principles:
- Proper diet – a balanced diet based on whole foods keeps the body light, supple and well nourished, giving high resistance to disease.
- Proper exercise, postures and asanas – Stretches and tones muscles, tendons and ligaments, keeps the spine and joints flexible and improves circulation.
- Proper breathing – Pranayama – teaches you to recharge your body and control mental states.
- Proper relaxation – teaches you to let go of all worries and fears allowing you to release tension in the muscles and conserve energy.
- Positive thinking and meditation – helps you remove negative thoughts, and still the mind removing internal chatter.
Benefits of Yoga
- Flexibility of Muscles and Spine
- Strength of Entire System
- Lung Capacity
- Balance and Coordination
- Peace of Mind/Inner Stillness
- Range of Motion
- And more...
- Blood Pressure
- Risk of Injury
- Mental Chatter
- Risk of Injury